A Place for Some Ideas and Ramblings to Reside

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Buying Cars and Conference Presentation Abstracts

So I've been out of the loop for a little while here. I'll let you in on what I've been up to: I bought a car! On a more professional note, I've also written and submitted an abstract that was accepted for a poster presentation in Richmond for SERMACS 2011 (SERMACS2011.org). Also, my first journal article was edited and submitted to the Journal of Analytical Toxicology. Things have been more than a little hectic!

On the bright side, however, I think that I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel of work. It's not that I'll be finished working, but I think that I'll work a little less hard in the last three months of this year. Hopefully I can use this to organize some things a little. I really want to finish up my home-office setup and get the remaining cords and controllers for my old video game systems that I haven't been able to find.

My girlfriend (I'm not sure that I want to use names on this here interwebs just now) has been doing a little bit of decorating recently. We've got a lot more pictures up now than previously. I'm really happy about it; the apartment really seems to be for real people now.

We also took our first mini-vacation with my grandparents this past weekend up to Asheville. I hadn't been to Asheville in a long time (~4 years), but it was very nice to hang around there and drive the new car. I hope that everybody else enjoyed it as much as I did. It was a really good day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment